In advance of my new e-course launching soon, 30 Days to Soothe your SouI I was reflecting on these simple truths that have become valuable teachings in my somewhat messy road to living my best and most authentic self...
1. You can have a plan, plans are great. But life has a plan too, and often they are not the same, and life's plan usually wins out, so you may as well get on board for the ride and not get too hung up on the details of yours! and life has a way of making it all work out in the end.
2. Too much of anything simply isn't good for you. That includes all the stuff you think you really really want. Because when you have it in stereo you just get out of balance and often lose sight of the joy of why you wanted it in the first place.
3. The Math they teach you at school falls so short and really should teach you how to have a healthy relationship with money, look after your finances and understand why your own self worth directly affects your bank balance!
4. You will have your heart broken, probably more than once, but it will teach you more about love, and what love "isn't" and one day you will be grateful for every experience that helped you realise what you don't want.
5. Failure is a matter of perspective and every single experience that didn't play out the way you thought, (I refer to No. 1 on the list - Life has its own plan). But you are always left with the gift of wisdom and that my sweet souls is the real prize.
6. We are all way way way to hard on ourselves. For everything! time to let yourself off the hook and realise that the constant self harm in the thoughts you think only keeps you from really shining your true amazing light.
7. Most people are far more worried about whats going on in their world to worry about you,so when you get in a stress over "what people think" please remember this little but powerful truth. Stop wasting your energy and just get on with your own life and lead it how you want to.
8. I have to come to realise that mostly the things that will always be easy to love are animals, babies, sunsets and any program by David Attenborough. Know that people will always press your buttons but you can decide and affirm "I'm not triggered by that" and move back to aforementioned activities to find real relief and soothe your soul.
9. Happiness is an elusive idea until you grasp the concept that you don't find it you create it. And in every moment you have a choice of what to think and how to feel. Always choose the best thought you can from where you are. Remove the words "Its not fair" from your vocab.
10. Have your Soothe your Soul anchors. Goto people, places, memories, movies and frankly anything you can find that takes you out of that place when you feel you are going to spiral. Maybe a bad day at work or a fall out with loved one. Call up these band aids to soothe your soul and exploit them relentlessly until calmness has returned and you no longer want to kill somebody.
11. Driving (not in traffic) is often the most calming and meditative state you can find without OMing you way to zen. Ideas flow more easily, and there is bad singing to selfishly adored tunes and a sense of freedom which is often just the tonic when life is stressing you out. Escape regularly. If you don't drive walking in nature or by the beach is equally effective.
12. People project their "stuff" onto others all day every day. It takes a very self aware soul to avoid this one, and I have yet to encounter one. But when you appreciate this concept you can become a little more understanding that really its not about you, and really you shouldn't take it personally.But its always an interesting mirror to show you what you have going on in your energy that needs a little consideration when you are triggered by it.
13. Following on from No. 12 we all have a responsibility to be accountable for our own energy! we each have an energy signature and we effect the people and the environments we show up in. So deal with your stuff, and keep your energy as high as you can and try and leave good vibes wherever you go. You will get it back 10 fold I promise!
14. Magic does exist,everywhere, but energetically speaking you get what you believe.So every persons reality will be a reflection of what their "truth" is. So create your own magic and watch how the universe back you up every single time with its signs and synchronicity.
15. You will never be as young as you are today, and so stop the critique on the way you look cause in 10 years time you will wish you were the age you are right now ;-)
16. Stop putting people on pedestals. You give away your power, dim your own light and they can never truly live up to your idealized version of them. This goes both ways when you become the one being idolized. Its not your job to maintain the version of who someone else wants you to be, so don't try.
17. Most women are terrified to really own their own f*****power and with that their greatest fear is often of that very thing...of just how powerful they are, if they only allowed themselves to be.
18. Whenever you find your favourite food, drink or shade of lipstick it will inevitably get discontinued or changed in some way.... why is this?!??? every..single..time... sigh But it is a reminder never to get too attached to anything in life!
19. Most women compare themselves and their lives on average over 25 times every day to other women! its exhausting. Can you imagine if we used all those thoughts and energy to focus on bringing more good stuff into our life. Where is your head at? just soothe yourself away from that comparison trap my lovelies. Every single persons path is different and so this is such a futile exercise in blocking your own gifts and amazing uniqueness. BE YOU!
20. People are tapping into so little of their natural intuition. It is your greatest gift, your highest intelligence and will give you the answers to absolutely everything that has you in a spin, if you could calm yourself enough to listen to it and then TRUST what you receive. How do you do that? Meditation darling, its the fastest way...
21. Walking barefoot on wet grass or sand at the beach is one of the most soothing things you can do for your mind, body and soul.
22. People can only "hear" what they are ready to. Sometimes you have to let it go, trust that your words will take seed or resonate in the way they are meant to, and in the time they are supposed to. Never try to force someone to hear or see your perspective. We are all "right" based on our personal experiences, our truths and our ability to listen to what we are ready to hear.
23. Procrastination is one of the biggest reasons you are not living the life that you truly want. STOP putting it off. Your future self with thank you, and for the record you don't have to do it all at once. Just start and take it little by little.
24. You really don't have to explain yourself to people. You can say "No" and when you come to the realisation that when you look after yourself first and create strong and healthy boundaries, you give the very best of yourself to others. Then you allow them to do the same, and we all stop blaming each other for not being how "we need them to be" in order for them to make us happy.
25. So much of our anxieties, chronic illness, depression and stress comes from the toxins we eat, what we surround ourselves with and what we allow to continue in our life. Get informed and heal yourself from the inside out. You have a choice to feel better than you are and in a natural way, why are you not taking it?
26. There are sadly not very many people that like themselves very much. The journey to falling in love with yourself and knowing your true worth is a bit of a mindfield. But when committed to, it will be the biggest most positive life changing experience you can give to yourself. You are Enough, believe it. And remember people can only love you as deeply as you love yourself.
27. A good nights sleep. The best tonic for anything and everything.
28. Speaking your truth is never the wrong. Even if it makes you feel vulnerable and pushed outside your comfort zone, even if it doesn't bring you the results you wanted. The strength in doing so will bring about a deeper more powerful shift in how you live your life and how authentic you are with yourself. Make the tough decisions.
29. In figuring out your path, your greatest fear is a often a big indicator of exactly where the universe wants you to go to heal and find your power. Don't shy away, live a brave life, take the leap of faith. Or don't, and go round and round in circles for another 10 years asking what your life purpose is. Your choice.
30. Even in your darkest moments you are never truly alone, and day by day, little by little things will get better. You will find your anchor and your sense of hope and optimism again. Life will always surprise the hell out of us when we are least expecting it. No ones escapes this truth, and we all have our own mountains to climb. But the human spirit is a magical thing, and you will come out the other side. Changed, yes. With a few scars, most definitely. But its YOUR STORY so embrace it all, and on the way find whatever it takes to Soothe your Soul.
I wanted to open up and share a little of what it is like for me when I am reading intuitively for you. I have many people come to see me who have never had a reading before, and others that have enjoyed several in the past, and maybe quite advanced in their own spiritual awareness.
Everyone connects in their own unique way when they are a reader. For me I work with both the tarot cards and my spirit guides. This provides me with a powerful blend of energies to be able to connect and link with your energy.
When you choose your cards in your reading it acts as a gateway and opens a door if you like, to the story that unfolds for me, about what’s going on around you now, and in your future pathways. It allows me to connect with you energetically and psychically. The more energetically open and relaxed my clients are the stronger that connection will be.
I work with one main spirit guide but often have another 2 that step in during the reading to help bring insight in different areas. My gifts include clairvoyance which will bring me snapshots and visual images in my minds eyes, and occasionally a glimpse of past lives of my clients. As I am a very visual person the cards work well for me as I connect deeply with their multi layered energies. But mostly I work with Clairsentience where I “feel and know things” and this will be supported and backed up with information from my guides. I am also an empath meaning I feel deeply the emotions of others and what they are feeling. You will often see me use the phrase "Intuitive" rather than "Psychic" although for me they are one in the same.
I have a huge respect for my tarot cards and the way they help me to link the feelings and information I am being given, and then present the pathway’s, decisions and influences that are ahead for my clients. They are a magical and powerful diviniation tool that give me deep clarity, insight and awareness in my readings.
My guides do work at a real soul level and so I will often peel back the layers about what’s happening with you on a deeper emotional level during a reading. The reason for doing this is always to help shine a light on how you can feel more empowered in yourself and in your own pathway, because we all have free will not everything is set in stone. Each reading is like a blueprint of what’s happening at that exact moment in time and shows potential pathways unfolding based on the energies around you now. You can however, directly influence those future pathways by exerting your own powerful free will.
It is my belief though that there is always a higher destiny in peoples soul path, and that even as we make free will choices on how we navigate our journey, we will be strongly guided to fulfil what our purpose or destiny is in this lifetime.
Things may not always make sense straight away during your reading because often we are being given information and insight that is still to play out for you. I am quite used to the confused look from clients in this instance, which is replaced days, weeks or months later with an “ah ha” moment as things unfold often in a way you couldn’t necessarily see or believe at the time.
My connection is unique with every client and I have complete faith and trust in the information given to me during my readings. I read with integrity and authenticity so that the information given is directly from spirit and your own guides and higher self who wish to help you on your pathway.
It’s hugely rewarding and fulfilling to do this work, although it can at times be very emotional as I connect with people who are experiencing all sorts of things on their journey, and are often at a true crossroads or crisis point. But it is a privilege to help guide, support and uplift people through these times, as I always see the true soul essence of that person shining through, no matter what challenges and emotional adversity they are facing. It’s part of my soul work to remind people of this during their readings.
If you are curious about a reading with me, please go ahead and have a read though my feedback on my website and facebook page to see if you feel it would be the right fit for you. And if you then feel a calm and inspired nudge then please do drop me a message and I would love to connect with you.
With Much Love & Magic
Often during my readings the guidance that comes through for clients strikes a powerful chord with me too. Earlier this week I had a lovely session and we followed a thread that led to this wonderful message. We are all beautifully flawed. You see we are all so incredibly harsh on ourselves, and I recognised the themes that came out about setting impossible standards for ourselves. How we strive for perfection in all that we do, our work, our relationnships, our bodies. Feeling we are never enough, what we do is never enough.
We try so hard not to let anyone down, not let ourselves down. When we perceive that we are falling short we enter into a relentless cycle of self critisism, which is so damaging to our self worth.
Trying to deliver perfection in an imperfect world, trying to meet standards that are impossible to keep, can lead to a journey of heartache. But so many of us put this incredible weight on our shoulders every day.
What if Instead we could accept and embrace the truth that we are all beautifully flawed. That in life we will rise and then we will stumble before we rise once more. That we each carry our own unique wounds, our stories that have shaped us. That we carry a light and shade within that needs to be honoured and loved, and that when we can find a way to just be ourselves, we reach more people with all our beautiful complex layers, and in doing so we give permission for others to be just who they are.
Its time to be stop the hate on yourself. To stop setting levels of perfection for yourself that keep you trapped in a cycle of never being enough. You are perfect in your imperfection. Beautifully Flawed and magically unique. Own it, forgive yourself every damm day, and empower everyone around you to emerge into their amazing light.
Much Love & Magic
Giving up is a phrase that sounds loaded with connotations of failure and laziness. But sometimes, giving up might be the right thing for us. This is especially the case when we focus too much on the things we don't have yet and end up missing out on the best true outcome for ourselves.
You see, when we want something badly, we can end up obsessing about the things we don't have or the absence of the thing we want. This could be a better relationship, a new house, a different job, or even the gorgeous shoes you spotted last week.
And the more determined, single minded and committed we become in chasing the things we want, the more we notice how far away it feels.
The absence of it starts to feel pretty rubbish - we can start to feel down on ourselves and we might push harder to get the things we want. We might think that showing ourselves, others and the universe how much action we are taking means that we'll force things into our lives.
I've experienced this many times in my journey, both with relationships I didn't want to let go of, and particularly with businesses that I had created. I felt determined to not give in, to make it work, to see it through.
Yet the more focus I put on whatever I wanted, the further away it seemed to feel
Desire and feelings of chasing things became an exhausting cycle. After all, we're constantly told that you don't get anything unless you work hard for it, and you can't give up! For me, it felt like anything less than clinging on for dear life would be viewed as failure, or a sign that I didn't want it enough!
The negative feelings I had attached to not being able to succeed with these things then started to seep into all areas of my life. Putting me in a place of not feeling worthy, not feeling good enough.
The thing is, we are all made of energy, and we live in a world made up of energy. Becoming overly focused on one thing you don't have can cause the energy to get blocked and might stop you from seeing and getting lots of other opportunities that are desperate to reach you!
I sometimes see this in readings for my clients. Their guides are telling me that lots of great things are trying to get into my clients' lives but they don't notice because they are focused so single-mindedly on one, specific goal or outcome.
There are times when the only thing that will allow you to move forward is to release the idea that what you think you want is the only thing that will bring you happiness.
In this release, you allow energy to flow, and could end up surprised with a million great things that come into your life. Perhaps you don't get the exact job you wanted, but you see an even better job that allows you to develop your wonderful talents. In releasing the feeling that you need, instead of just want, those expensive shoes, you see them a week later on sale!
What helped me to navigate through the times when I became "stuck" by getting too attached to a specific outcome, was to distract my thoughts and my energy away from those subjects. In disengaging from the pain points and taking the time to find relief, through shifting my focus to other areas of my life that were going right for me. I was able to lift my energy.
Solutions started to appear in areas that I had held all this resistance and angst.
I will be sharing more of how I managed this process and the amazing results I was able to achieve in my own life, and how you can too, in my new online course "I Am Energy" so stay connected to hear more very soon!
When we allow energy to flow more freely and stop trying to control it or resist it, our pathways can unfold more naturally and often bring us the very things we wanted, or even better. Which area of your life could be improved by releasing something or 'giving up'? Far from feeling like a failure or not being good enough to get it, relax in the knowledge that, by working with the energy of the world, you bring about the greatest gifts for your own path.
Although it may feel as though you are going against the grain of what you have been taught, or encouraged to believe, there are times when we need to just "let it be". This does not mean you stop setting your intentions or having goals and dreams or that you no longer want these things.
Its about freeing you up when you find yourself in a place that repeatedly doesn't feel good when you think about it. So that you can allow in the best possible outcome for the things that you most want in your life, which might come about in ways you had not even considered, because you were setting such strict expectations on how things have to be.
So go on, do it now what do you need to "give up" and "let be". please share your experiences with me in the comments section below.
If you are struggling to know how to set intentions and manifest your dreams and goals, or how to "let go" in an area you feel stuck, why not consider booking a place at my next Activate your Intuition Retreat - you'll learn how to work with your own intuition, how to find relief, and how to flow with the natural lunar cycles and universal energy.
Most of us live with a deep-seated fear of rejection. On some level we have all experienced it, and let’s face it, it hurts like hell.
Maybe it was being left out in the playground, or feeling inferior to the favourite sibling, or abandoned by a parent. Maybe we failed in exams or came last in the race.
As we move into adulthood, those rejections stay with us, affecting our behaviour and outlook on life.
Because it’s impossible to avoid rejection, we experience it again and again. As we get older, our frame of reference becomes littered with past hurts, and feelings of rejection can take on more power.
Sometimes the fear of rejection brings out anxiety, stress or depression and we avoid situations, experiences and people so that we can stay in a safe bubble of denial about what is really stopping us from moving forward.
In our determination to avoid having to deal with rejection on any level, we won't commit, we find excuses, we play safe or we self-sabotage.
In switching off who we really are, we diminish our own self-worth, we believe the hype, or allow the power of the emotion to define us. Our story becomes one of, "not quite good enough, not lovable enough, not the right fit, too loud, too quiet, too ambitious, too lazy, too emotional, too cold.
For most of my life I suppressed my sensitivity and tried to avoid situations where criticism or rejection could come my way. I became disconnected and disempowered from who I was.
I was running scared and constantly waiting for the rug to be pulled from under me, and it did...over and over again. Each time I was rejected it hurt so deeply I stepped back, retreating into myself.
The relentless signposts kept coming up, in people and situations that were forcing me to see what was going on. Each time I was being called to stand up and acknowledge what was at the heart of what was happening around me. My fear of rejection and lack of self-belief were showing up all over the place.
A perfect visual representation of what was happening inside my head was being played out in my life experiences.
And the more fearful I became, the more they showed up to remind me. It was like trying to run from my own shadow.
The realisation was not a swift one, more like being dragged kicking and screaming and finally becoming exhausted with my own story of how life was/would be for me. At that point, an acceptance of where I stood came forth.
"I am where I am - it is what it is."
There is great power in those statements. I was so tired of repeating the patterns, and seeing the same shit turn up for me, that I realised there was a turning point, and I wasn't going back.
As I reviewed my own life experiences with a new sense of detachment, I came to a rather powerful conclusion, albeit one that was glaringly obvious to those who knew and loved me.
All the rejections, all the fear and all the struggle had been my point of activation.
They had propelled me forwards, and when I finally gave in to what they were trying to show me, I acknowledged they were in fact my greatest gifts in this lifetime. For each rejection shaped the person I had now become. Each one helped me to realise what I didn't want, how I would not wish to be treated, how I wanted to see myself, and the life I wanted to lead. And that life would not be possible had I not learned and gained wisdom and insight from all those difficult and painful experiences.
My greatest fear became the foundations I built a new way of being on. The work I do is in a divisive industry, people have profound opinions on spiritual and intuitive gifts. Each time I show up for a reading, I put myself out there to be rejected. In showing the world my name, my brand and my own vulnerability I lay myself wide open to rejection. To overcome my greatest fear, I have faced it head on.
I now embrace rejection. I know that I will face rejection sometimes – we all will. But in understanding the lessons that rejection offers me, I grow closer to becoming the truest, most authentic version of myself. In a sense, rejection can be a powerful and great gift if you allow it to be.
I’d love to understand how your experiences of rejection have affected you, or taught you something about yourself. Please share your comments below. And of course, if you’re looking for ways to discover your truest self, I welcome you to book a place on my next retreat or a 1-1 intuitive reading with me.