In advance of my new e-course launching soon, 30 Days to Soothe your SouI I was reflecting on these simple truths that have become valuable teachings in my somewhat messy road to living my best and most authentic self...
1. You can have a plan, plans are great. But life has a plan too, and often they are not the same, and life's plan usually wins out, so you may as well get on board for the ride and not get too hung up on the details of yours! and life has a way of making it all work out in the end.
2. Too much of anything simply isn't good for you. That includes all the stuff you think you really really want. Because when you have it in stereo you just get out of balance and often lose sight of the joy of why you wanted it in the first place.
3. The Math they teach you at school falls so short and really should teach you how to have a healthy relationship with money, look after your finances and understand why your own self worth directly affects your bank balance!
4. You will have your heart broken, probably more than once, but it will teach you more about love, and what love "isn't" and one day you will be grateful for every experience that helped you realise what you don't want.
5. Failure is a matter of perspective and every single experience that didn't play out the way you thought, (I refer to No. 1 on the list - Life has its own plan). But you are always left with the gift of wisdom and that my sweet souls is the real prize.
6. We are all way way way to hard on ourselves. For everything! time to let yourself off the hook and realise that the constant self harm in the thoughts you think only keeps you from really shining your true amazing light.
7. Most people are far more worried about whats going on in their world to worry about you,so when you get in a stress over "what people think" please remember this little but powerful truth. Stop wasting your energy and just get on with your own life and lead it how you want to.
8. I have to come to realise that mostly the things that will always be easy to love are animals, babies, sunsets and any program by David Attenborough. Know that people will always press your buttons but you can decide and affirm "I'm not triggered by that" and move back to aforementioned activities to find real relief and soothe your soul.
9. Happiness is an elusive idea until you grasp the concept that you don't find it you create it. And in every moment you have a choice of what to think and how to feel. Always choose the best thought you can from where you are. Remove the words "Its not fair" from your vocab.
10. Have your Soothe your Soul anchors. Goto people, places, memories, movies and frankly anything you can find that takes you out of that place when you feel you are going to spiral. Maybe a bad day at work or a fall out with loved one. Call up these band aids to soothe your soul and exploit them relentlessly until calmness has returned and you no longer want to kill somebody.
11. Driving (not in traffic) is often the most calming and meditative state you can find without OMing you way to zen. Ideas flow more easily, and there is bad singing to selfishly adored tunes and a sense of freedom which is often just the tonic when life is stressing you out. Escape regularly. If you don't drive walking in nature or by the beach is equally effective.
12. People project their "stuff" onto others all day every day. It takes a very self aware soul to avoid this one, and I have yet to encounter one. But when you appreciate this concept you can become a little more understanding that really its not about you, and really you shouldn't take it personally.But its always an interesting mirror to show you what you have going on in your energy that needs a little consideration when you are triggered by it.
13. Following on from No. 12 we all have a responsibility to be accountable for our own energy! we each have an energy signature and we effect the people and the environments we show up in. So deal with your stuff, and keep your energy as high as you can and try and leave good vibes wherever you go. You will get it back 10 fold I promise!
14. Magic does exist,everywhere, but energetically speaking you get what you believe.So every persons reality will be a reflection of what their "truth" is. So create your own magic and watch how the universe back you up every single time with its signs and synchronicity.
15. You will never be as young as you are today, and so stop the critique on the way you look cause in 10 years time you will wish you were the age you are right now ;-)
16. Stop putting people on pedestals. You give away your power, dim your own light and they can never truly live up to your idealized version of them. This goes both ways when you become the one being idolized. Its not your job to maintain the version of who someone else wants you to be, so don't try.
17. Most women are terrified to really own their own f*****power and with that their greatest fear is often of that very thing...of just how powerful they are, if they only allowed themselves to be.
18. Whenever you find your favourite food, drink or shade of lipstick it will inevitably get discontinued or changed in some way.... why is this?!??? every..single..time... sigh But it is a reminder never to get too attached to anything in life!
19. Most women compare themselves and their lives on average over 25 times every day to other women! its exhausting. Can you imagine if we used all those thoughts and energy to focus on bringing more good stuff into our life. Where is your head at? just soothe yourself away from that comparison trap my lovelies. Every single persons path is different and so this is such a futile exercise in blocking your own gifts and amazing uniqueness. BE YOU!
20. People are tapping into so little of their natural intuition. It is your greatest gift, your highest intelligence and will give you the answers to absolutely everything that has you in a spin, if you could calm yourself enough to listen to it and then TRUST what you receive. How do you do that? Meditation darling, its the fastest way...
21. Walking barefoot on wet grass or sand at the beach is one of the most soothing things you can do for your mind, body and soul.
22. People can only "hear" what they are ready to. Sometimes you have to let it go, trust that your words will take seed or resonate in the way they are meant to, and in the time they are supposed to. Never try to force someone to hear or see your perspective. We are all "right" based on our personal experiences, our truths and our ability to listen to what we are ready to hear.
23. Procrastination is one of the biggest reasons you are not living the life that you truly want. STOP putting it off. Your future self with thank you, and for the record you don't have to do it all at once. Just start and take it little by little.
24. You really don't have to explain yourself to people. You can say "No" and when you come to the realisation that when you look after yourself first and create strong and healthy boundaries, you give the very best of yourself to others. Then you allow them to do the same, and we all stop blaming each other for not being how "we need them to be" in order for them to make us happy.
25. So much of our anxieties, chronic illness, depression and stress comes from the toxins we eat, what we surround ourselves with and what we allow to continue in our life. Get informed and heal yourself from the inside out. You have a choice to feel better than you are and in a natural way, why are you not taking it?
26. There are sadly not very many people that like themselves very much. The journey to falling in love with yourself and knowing your true worth is a bit of a mindfield. But when committed to, it will be the biggest most positive life changing experience you can give to yourself. You are Enough, believe it. And remember people can only love you as deeply as you love yourself.
27. A good nights sleep. The best tonic for anything and everything.
28. Speaking your truth is never the wrong. Even if it makes you feel vulnerable and pushed outside your comfort zone, even if it doesn't bring you the results you wanted. The strength in doing so will bring about a deeper more powerful shift in how you live your life and how authentic you are with yourself. Make the tough decisions.
29. In figuring out your path, your greatest fear is a often a big indicator of exactly where the universe wants you to go to heal and find your power. Don't shy away, live a brave life, take the leap of faith. Or don't, and go round and round in circles for another 10 years asking what your life purpose is. Your choice.
30. Even in your darkest moments you are never truly alone, and day by day, little by little things will get better. You will find your anchor and your sense of hope and optimism again. Life will always surprise the hell out of us when we are least expecting it. No ones escapes this truth, and we all have our own mountains to climb. But the human spirit is a magical thing, and you will come out the other side. Changed, yes. With a few scars, most definitely. But its YOUR STORY so embrace it all, and on the way find whatever it takes to Soothe your Soul.